Monday, May 23, 2011

Hot Issue: RH BILL


As of this writing, I believe, the most controversial issue in the Philippines right now is this House Bill 4244 or commonly termed as Reproductive Health Bill, or simply - RH BILL. Sectors from the government, specifically congressmen and congresswomen, including some senators, are exchanging some hot comments to and from Church sector, that is, the century-old Roman Catholic Church.

From prints, radio, tv as well as in world wide web, including social network sites (facebook, twitter), this RH BILL is the most-sought after topic around the archipelago. Well, for me, my basic knowledge to this bill (I must admit, I am not that "intelligent" pertaining to Politics) is that, this BILL, had gone away too far - 14 years, but still never been passed as a Law in the Republic of the Philippines. There are some government fund and health issues, as well as morals, are affected if this bill became and enforced as a law.

Right now, the President of PH, PNoy, is quite obvious that he is in support in passing of this bill. Moreover, he even stated that he's ready to be excommunicated from the Catholic Church! (that's a tough statement, eh?) In my own opinion, though the Filipino people are divided with their opinions, the best thing we can do is to listen every camp - and it must be done with gentleness and respect. After all, we are the same blood who will get the benefits if this bill will be passed (if there is). I guess, we just need to pray (pray even more) to guide our lawmakers in making the final direction of this RH BILL.

(To know more how the RH BILL evolved, please refer to this link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAITH SO FREE

“You are trying to kill me, because my word has no room among you.” – John 8:37        In my masteral studies at the Loyola School of Th...