Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Philippines: Need for Charter Change?


When I was in elementary, I was a candidate from our school to compete in Editorial Writing Contest. We were given a topic pertaining about ChaCha or Charter Change. That was 2000, it was ERAP who's the President of RP. I almost lost my mind because, honestly, I have no idea what ChaCha or Charter Change was! And to my account, I wrote about ChaCha as a Mexican Dance that paves its way as a popular dance in Philippines! LOL. It was a shame for me.

With regards to the video posted from YouTube, I was intrigued a little bit. It could be true, or another hoax. But that is something that every Filipinos should be concerned with. Come to think that our constitution is running way back since 1987. Do weed need some revisions or amendment, that is - to our constitution, to conform with recent era? Are we ready for that? Will Filipinos agree to take it?


I must admit, I am not a "politics" oriented person. I am not that smart to talk relating with ChaCha issue. I am just giving my own viewpoints as an ordinary citizen of the republic. I guess, we need to move forward, as a strong nation. What's the best for our country and for entire Filipinos, I think we will seize that chance. We should not put ourselves into the shadow of well-off and autocratic elites of our nation. We are the "people". We are the "nation".


But, here's a BIG question. We need change, but WHO? Who will be the next compositions of politicians? Do we need to change the government? Or we just need to change the characters of every Filipino? If we have the same cluster of corrupt leaders, I guess this "change" is hopeless. How about you? What's your own opinion? Tara, usap tayo!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAITH SO FREE

“You are trying to kill me, because my word has no room among you.” – John 8:37        In my masteral studies at the Loyola School of Th...