Friday, May 27, 2011

NN: Philippines' Worst Domestic Shipping? Part 1


I believe, that everyone has the right to express his or her opinion. We are entitled for free speech. Hey, we're in democratic nation! In that way, we can stir up the minds of the persons involved.

Actually, I've been loyal to Negros Navigation (NN) for a couples of years now since the Airport Terminal of Iloilo City was transferred to its nearby town Sta. Barbara (which gave hassles to some Iloilo City residents from such outcome). True, a 35-45mins drive from the new Iloilo International Airport to the city is a great bother compare to a 5-min drive from the Old Airport. I really wonder why the local government of Iloilo City go-in for that (Why they did not chose the nearby western town of Oton? I remember the verdict which they revealed that the lot rate of Sta. Barbara is quite cheaper than the other town. Hmmm, is it something to do with cost-cutting? Or a corru----n thing? LOL.) Anyways, lets get back to the main topic - NN Controversies.

For years, I find out that NN is unorganized in domesting shipping. Always delayed (not on time!) on their ship sailing schedules, poor ship's housekeeping and improper handling of passengers' concerns. I just don't know what's their alibi for these, since, a lot of people (not only me) are aware of their discrepancies. I read from some foreign articles describing that Philippines' domestic shipping is horrible (most especially in Economy class). I bet, it could be the NN! LOL. We need not to deny it! It's true. If you dare, just try sailing with Negros Navigation!

Upon entering the chaotic Pier 2 in Tondo, you'll be welcomed by a lot of porters running around you (even inside the cab!). Inside the port terminal, NN staffs, have a poor satisfactory rate in PR (public relations). You asked them, you'll get a bully answer!

NN Staff: Ticket?

Me: Eto po. (Here it is.)

NN Staff: Walang pang stamp to eh! Pa-stamp mo ito. (No stamp yet! You need stamps on here.)

Me: Saan po? (Where mister?)

NN Staff: Doon, doon! (There!)

Crazy people. I just don't know why are they acting like that! They act as if they are gods. They act as if they need to be worshiped! They are there to serve their clients because they have been paid!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAITH SO FREE

“You are trying to kill me, because my word has no room among you.” – John 8:37        In my masteral studies at the Loyola School of Th...